Cumbria Development Education Centre (CDEC) makes no charge for public access to the Hidden Stories Shared Lives archive. However, there are some restrictions on copying text and use of the material, as follows:
- Copyright: The copyright of all interviews, sound and transcription, is owned by Cumbria Development Education Centre (CDEC) on behalf of the Hidden Stories Shared Lives Project.
- Licensing: Cumbria Development Education Centre (CDEC) welcomes re-use of sound clips, text and images of the Hidden Stories Shared Lives Project under the Creative Commons licence Attribution, Non-Commercial, No-Derivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/
- Re-Use: You may copy and redistribute the material in the media or formats supplied. You may remix, transform, and build upon the material for your own use only. You may not distribute or share your modified contributions. You may not apply your own legal terms or technological restrictions on such distributions of our material under this licence.
- Attribution: You must give appropriate credit to Cumbria Development Education Centre (CDEC), attribute the material to the Hidden Stories Shared Lives Project, provide a link to the licence, and indicate if you have made changes to the material. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests Cumbria Development Education Centre (CDEC) endorses you or your use.
- Commercial use: You may not use the material for commercial purposes or personal gain without the permission of Cumbria Development Education Centre (CDEC). We welcome enquiries about use, transmission or publication of the archive for commercial, academic or educational use and will aim to meet the requests of users in a reasonable and fair manner.